What we analyze
Chipworks analyzes analog and digital designs including memories, processors, controllers, MEMs, RF, and every conceivable circuit for evidence of infringement. Advanced laboratory capabilities allow us to reveal circuit layouts at each lithographic layer, and thus conduct full circuit extraction, using a combination of software automation with proprietary tools and expert circuit engineers.
Circuit analysis is sometimes performed in conjunction with process analysis or systems analysis to better understand total circuit functions.
Examples of our experience and capabilities
- Stand-alone and embedded memory
- Field programmable gate array (FPGA) and other gate arrays
- Analog-to-digital converters (ADC) and digital-to-analog converters
- (DAC) PLLs and clock generators
- Wired and wireless devices, including transceivers and mixers
- Advanced CMOS microprocessors, graphic chips, DSPs, and microcontrollers
- RFIDs and smartcard chips
- Power semiconductor devices including regulators and high/low power designs
Analysis is delivered as a PDF report and as part of circuit analysis software called the ICWorks Browser. The ICWorks Browser allows clients to navigate the design's hierarchy, cross reference schematics to the layout images, export netlists for simulation, and find and document infringement. Alternatively, the ICWorks Arranger format allows clients to get to critical information faster by performing parts of the reverse engineering with their own experts.
- We use our expertise to help you create claim charts. We can reverse engineer any circuit because we do this every day. This allows you to focus on managing IP, while Chipworks provides the technical information needed to support that
- Our ICWorks products enable us to quickly understand each circuit and find the "needle in the haystack" of transistors. Alternatively, you can use the same software tools to find and document evidence of infringement
- Our world class labs and processes can create accurate schematics of almost every semiconductor
visit our report library
For information about a specific device or report, please visit our report store.