Chipworks has five labs, each specializing in a particular field of reverse engineering. Continuous R&D in each lab, complemented by a global network of analytical labs, enables us to be the premier source of knowledge of what's inside technology. The volume of devices and technologies we deal with provides unparalleled experience.
- A global team of device acquisition specialists and teardown experts are continuously adding to our extensive record of 60,000+ items
- As a result of product teardowns and unique buying channels, we have access to impossible to procure devices, design win tracking, market intelligence, and a vast prior use history
- Provides material data and images that suggest how each device was fabricated
- Proprietary sample prep techniques, state-of-the-art electron microscopy, and analysis tools allow our process savvy engineers to provide evidence of patent infringement and provide competitive intelligence
- Focused on finding patent infringement in a vast range of electronic systems: software, hardware, semiconductors, and everything in-between
- Picoprobing, bus sniffing, and RF field measurements are just some of the techniques used here to gather evidence
Circuit delayering lab
- Each semiconductor device is deprocessed layer by layer, creating samples showing the circuit design in use
- Deprocessing layers ranging from microns to atoms thick, and made from a wide range of materials, requires constant R&D
Circuit imaging lab
- Using heavily modified scanning electron microscopes and custom software, this lab images very large areas at ultra-high speed
- The resulting schematics and images provide a deep understanding of the design, and evidence of any patent infringement
visit our report library
For information about a specific device or report, please visit our report store.