Chipworks has analyzed software found in electronic products and systems such as:
- mobile phones
- cable modems
- game consoles
At the device level, our analysis often includes secure and encrypted chips.
Our experience and capabilities
At Chipworks, we analyze four types of code: embedded on chip, non-embedded, test listings, and source code. Our expertise includes:
- Dynamic code analysis through test ports
- Dynamic code using in-circuit emulation
- System level simulation of processor netlist
- System level emulation using processor model
- Static code analysis
We recently partnered with Elysium Digital to expand our systems and software analysis capabilities to meet growing client demand for expertise in these areas.
We have developed in-house tools for digital analysis and simulation for the purposes of documenting infringement. This capability enables us to defeat protection and analyze both the hardware and software of secure chips or proprietary CPUs, as well as extract code in protected memories
- We deliver evidence of infringement in the form of claim charts or technical documentation, describing the analyzed software in the form of easy to understand disassembled code
visit our report library
For information about a specific device or report, please visit our report store.