Leveraging reverse engineering allows process technology teams to:
- Reduce the risk of what can be multibillion dollar investments by avoiding wrong technology choices
- Save millions in product and process development costs by reducing the variables through competitive benchmarking
- Earn millions in new revenue by getting to market faster and with better products
Chipworks delivers comprehensive and useful reverse engineering analysis across the most competitive semiconductor and electronics segments. Information that helps you make complex decisions.
Our analytical capabilities have been developed over 18 years and include:
- Access to global procurement channels and two parts procurement specialists to source devices
- Depotting for all device types (MEMS, image sensors, advanced node CMOS, BiCMOS) to analyze die features
- High resolution SEM and scanning capacitance microscopy (SCM) imaging
- Superb TEM imaging which enables measurements at the atomic level for transistors and interconnect layers
- Materials analysis with electron dispersion (EDS) and electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) for identification and doping level analysis
- Experienced analysts to ensure that "off the shelf" or custom analysis meets your unique needs
introduction to reverse engineering
The state-of-the-art in reverse engineering is demonstrated in this whitepaper.