Process Analysis – Advanced Power
Advanced power technology is a "speciality" segment covering dozens of companies and billions of available sockets. BiCMOS, DMOS, and BCD technology and their related branded processes like SmartMOS, LBC, BCD-7, and CoolMOS are analyzed using the Process Review – Advanced Power Process.
This report takes clients inside the die features and unusual components, and uses SEM imaging to analyze the bipolar components.
These reports include the following detailed information:
- Annotated die features including memory blocks, bipolar components, and unusual features
- Die photographs at top metal and metal 1
- SEM images of all dielectric levels, metal layers, transistors, poly, and isolation
- SCM analysis is used to determine diffusions if SRP is insufficient
- Optical and precision cross section of typical (generally minimum sized) bipolars, DMOS, LDMOS, resistors, capacitors, etc.
Additional analysis may include (optional):
- TEM, TEM-EDS, and SIMS analyses