Often the Best Defense Includes a Good Offense
Turning the tables and going on the offensive is often the most effective strategy. The key success factor here is evidence that clearly demonstrates the value of your patented technology and the strength of your position. That’s where Chipworks can help.
We will demonstrate the value of your technology by gaining an understanding of your patents that will read on the largest portion of revenue of your aggressor’s products, making recommendations for analysis and then documenting evidence of use in accurate, exhaustively researched claim charts.
The bottom line is this: every situation is different and it demands a customized solution. Let’s talk about your situation and how we can help.
Senior Litigation Attorney
Schedule a confidential call
Our Patent Intelligence solutions are always tailored to your IP needs. Schedule a confidential call with a patent and technology specialist to see how we can help.
The Chipworks Solution
Our ability to hammer out an effective strategy to defend against an assertion is based on the following services and expertise:
- Patent evaluation – an interactive approach to prioritize your patents using tools that apply our product and industry knowledge, and identify your most valuable patents in the context of a specific IP strategy
- Patent mapping – matching a patent or groups of patents to current high revenue areas
- Exposure Analysis – understanding who is patenting where and which patents read on your products
- Prior art/use – leveraging Chipworks’ vast inventory of historical devices to find prior use and invalidate an assertion
- Non-infringement analysis – identify and document evidence of use through technical analysis of products, standards, or literature
Intellectual Property Counsel
Leverage Depth and Breadth of Experience
A critical advantage that Chipworks brings is history and experience. Simply put, we have read thousands of patents and are experts at matching patents to products – critical to helping you rationalize your portfolio while identifying realistic monetization options for non-core patents.
The depth and breadth of our ongoing analysis enables us to achieve hard-to-match efficiencies that often reduce the cost of our IP solutions, while saving time.
See How Our Clients Have Benefited
Here are a few examples of how Chipworks helps IP professionals and litigation experts... and the results you can expect.
“The analysis provided by Chipworks exceeded our expectations. The company’s ability to strengthen our initial claim gave us the confidence to pursue a licensing program with an industry giant.”
– Senior Manager, IP Department
“Chipworks was critical to our strategy, putting us in a strong position that led to successful licensing negotiations. At the end of the day, it’s about finding hits with our patents. That’s why I choose to work with Chipworks.”
– Intellectual Property Counsel
“By supplementing standards based documentation with technical evidence of use, Chipworks helped us strengthen our negotiating position. In light of their responsiveness and ability to run parallel programs, they continue to support us in related licensing campaigns.”
– Senior Licensing Executive
“Without Chipworks our case would have been much weaker. Chipworks provided credible third party analysis, which is what you need going into a litigation. Both my client and I were very pleased with the work.”
– Senior Partner, Patent Litigation
“We don’t give Chipworks the easy stuff. We give them the work that we don’t have the capability to do internally. They helped us validate the potential of monetizing a group of systems patents that initially fell outside of our IP strategy. Now we see that we can derive licensing revenue outside of the semiconductor industry.”
– Director IP Group
“Chipworks’ intimate familiarity with the semiconductor and microelectronics market helped define our options and move quickly from a negative cash flow to a multi-million dollar profit.”
– Director of Finance
Next Step: Schedule a Consultation for More Information
Chipworks IP solutions are always customized. To find out what combination of services will best meet your needs, schedule a confidential discussion with one of our Patent and Technology Specialists to:
- Discuss your specific IP goals, questions and needs
- Ensure we match the right services to your needs and provide the right level of customization
- Provide a quick price based on what you need to achieve